Saturday, April 26, 2008

Funny Isn't It!

Tonight I walked home by myself. They tell us as girls this is a bad idea. I have been walking home alone since I was little. I should listen to people, but something happens when I walk home at night. At home I live out of the city limits. There that means pretty close to the middle of nowhere. I started a habit there. The stars can be seen well walking up my road. So I started talking to them. Really I would talk to a lot of people. Mostly my Father in Heaven. I always felt He could really hear me out there. Maybe I just prayed better. I still have that habit and it came forth tonight. Though, tonight was different. As I came out of the parking lot between the girls dorms I looked up the road. Like always I was blessed to see the temple. This time I saw something new. As I looked towards the Temple it drew my gaze upward. I have never seen such a pillar. The thought crossed my mind,"Is the light going up from the Temple or is the light coming from Heaven." The answer is I don't know. I am happy not knowing, because no matter what the Light was good. I couldn't take my eyes off it. It engulfed me the whole way home. It brought my thoughts and talking to the sky back to talking with Father. All I know is He protected me and I was blessed to feel how wonderful this night was. I am going to be alright and I am finally learning how to change. I feel loved in so many ways!

3 comments:

Elise said...

I hope one of the ways that you feel loved is by me. Through all the wrestling matches, awkward hugs, walks to Walgreens, and daily spurts of laughter I hope you know how much I love and adore you, my little gnome.

Unknown said...

What a great experience! I'm so grateful that you had that moment to feel of His tender mercies. I love you too!
-Jill

JJ said...

Oh Ma, that's beautiful! What a special, special experience. I've been reading a lot about light lately. Its a fascinating subject to study. I love you!