Sunday, September 28, 2008

Moving!

The people I am living with have decided to move. They have lived in this home for 29 years. It has been a good neighborhood but they feel that it is time to find a new adventure. Don't worry about me. I will find a place to live. Anyway, there has been quite the happening going on here. After living here for so long things seem to have grown. Who knows where it all come from but it happens. There has been much to do. It has become a whole family project. Selma and Jerry's kids have been over often to get things cleaned out. It is fun to watch as it happens. There are many memories bought out as we cleaned out the crawl space and other storage areas. As boxes are opened there are many looks of joy that show on faces. There are even a few tears because the memory is so dear to the person. Isn't it funny how life happens, it soon passes and then we forget about it. Then with one look at a toy or a piece of clothing memories come flowing back. Then the stories begin to be told and more memories come out. Moving is hard and often a pain but there can be wonderful things that unfold from doing it. It also becomes a wonderful memory itself.

Like I said, things just seem to grow when you have lived somewhere for 29 years.

Oh the memories!!

DI was way happy!! Look at all the prizes they got to go through!

A moment of silence to finally get the car back in the garage after a number of years!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Another great post! Wahoo!

Elise said...

MarFar-
Good For you blogging so much. I honestly had one of those shocked faces as I checked your blog today, I actually had to read a few posts to catch up. I guess now I may just ahve to get int othe habit of checking your blog more then once every week or two.
Where are you going to live? I wish I were down there so we could be roomies.
Thanks for your comment.
I cannot wait for our date. I have an addition to our date that involves food. Maybe we could get a starving student card and get all the free sruff in one afternoon or maybe we could get 12 bags of chocolate because they are 75% off or maybe we will think of another food adventure. Can't wait to see you.

Elise said...

megs got a blog-check it out
thomasonmegan.blogspot.com

you should also check out your blog. It is lacking but definitely has potential. I miss your posts. Please post soon.